Re: National Meet Needs To Be Central For Everyone

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Nov 26 2004 - 17:05:05 EST

"Josh Battles" <josh@omg-stfu.com> wrote:
:> Very true. Tom has been forwarding me a few names, and I made up a test
:> map just to see if that program worked. Between the replies he's had,
:> plus me adding in a few of the usual suspects, I've only got 13 data
:> points so far. The average is around Gary, IN. If anyone wants to see
:> the map as it is so far, I can e-mail it or upload it someplace.

: You got me on that map, right? Also, trust me when I tell you you don't
: ever want to go to Gary, IN. IIRC, it's the murder capital of the midwest,
: and just in general not someplace you'd want to go. I go to school in the
: next town over (Purdue, in Hammond, IN) and have had to cut through Gary on
: a few occasions. Now, I'm not one to be afraid to drive anywhere and I was
: afraid driving through.

   I had Fox news on the TV the other day in the other room as I was doing
some painting & trim work on the house, and I think I heard something about
a report that just came out for this year listing Gary, IN as the most
dangerous place in the country - something along those lines. :-)

:> Bottom line: if you think you might have any interest at all in attending
:> a national meet, SPEAK UP and let me and/or Tom know where you're located.

: I have spoken, add me to the list. Oak Forest, IL

   I assume I am on the list already, but if not, Forestville, NY 14062.

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'