Re: National Meet Needs To Be Central For Everyone

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 13:35:24 EST

On Wed, November 24, 2004 11:13 am, Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com said:

> Another passing thought, where ever we agree upon should be near a major
> city.

You definitely raise some good points. I'd say we'll probably want to be
about an hour or two outside whatever city we pick. Any campground too
close to a city is likely to resemble a vacant lot more than a campground.
 Plus, things like bonfires, fireworks and off-roading aren't going to go
over very well near a population center. We should be able to find
something that'll work well no matter what city we pick.

Even when I was thinking of the Moab area, I was wondering how difficult
and expensive it was going to be for people to fly in. The job my dad had
years ago in the area was as a pilot for an air taxi service. They would
transport river rafters from Salt Lake City or Grand Junction out to
whatever point on the river they wanted. They could only carry a max of
six people per plane, though. No idea what the cost was (hey, I was all
of eleven, I didn't pay much attention to that kind of thing).