Re: How about Wichita for national meet?

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 18:41:33 EST

On Wed, November 24, 2004 3:56 pm, B1LLYW@aol.com said:

> Wichita, KS. 1500 miles from CT. 1500 miles From CA. 1500 miles from
> FL.

Actually, Mapquest says 1788 to San Francisco, but it's pretty close.
Alternatively, there's Dodge City. 1690 miles from CT, 1550 from Frisco,
and it would have the advantage of being called "Dodge City" :-).

I have to admit, my first thought was "what the hell's in Wichita?" But,
just on Mapquest I can see four or five lakes and state parks in the
immediate area. I'd say it's worth looking in to, at the very least.

Wherever we go, I do think camping at or relatively near a lake would be
nice. We could rent some boats and/or wave runners, maybe do some water
skiing, fishing, or just hanging out on the beach.