Re: DML 10th Anniversary National Meet

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sat Nov 27 2004 - 01:20:49 EST

On Nov 26, 2004, at 23:24, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> Hmm, yeah, it would be cool to find a place that might have both.
> I haven't done much camping so I probably don't have an accurate
> mental picture, but I am picturing any place that would have hookups
> to look sort of like a mobile home park, lots of pavement, trailers
> packed in there, screaming kids... :-)

Definitely not a universal case. We had a 5th wheel while I was
growing up and made a few trips out west to Yellowstone, to Washington
state to visit family, to Glacier, to the Black Hills, etc as well as a
few up to northern MN and there are plenty of campgrounds around
destinations like those that offer both full hookup and the outdoor
expirence. Most allow both tents and trailers, often with just a
gravel strip to park on coming back into a grassy clearing in the
woods, or a in the midst of a well-kept relatively clear lawn that
allows everyone a view of the lake the campground is on, or something
like that.

Don't just think of full hookup as bowing to the concrete jungle.
They're more common than I think you think.

--
Mike Maskalans   <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota SLT 318 4x4                    SFA & 35s