Re: DML 10th Anniversary National Meet

From: Joe Levy (JRLevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Nov 27 2004 - 10:48:26 EST

Denver has quite a lot going for it. We stayed at Dakota Ridge
Campground in Golden the last two summers. It's a bit upscale, but there
are plenty of campgrounds available once you get West of Denver
(remember, East of Denver is pretty much all Plains). We did our trip
this year in a RAM2500 and a 28 foot travel trailer; last year was with
our Durango and a Coleman Pop-up Camper.
 From what we've seen, between the Missouri River and Denver (Whether
it's Lincoln, NE, on I-80 or Kansas City, KS, on I-70), it's just about
all flatlands. If you want to divert down to Dodge City, that's a
possibility, but folks we talked to when we travelled out West this
summer weren't enthused.

Types of activities in Denver area that could be of interest:
Coors Brewery
Railroad Museum
Georgetown Railway
Celestial Seasonings Factory Tour (Boulder)
Red Rocks (even without a show, the Park is spectacular)
Coors Field (if Rockies are in town)
Hard Rock in Downtown Denver
Lariat Trail - goes up to Buffalo Bill's Grave, but the ride is a series
of switchbacks up the mountain.
A short drive to Colorado Springs

 From our place North of Albany, it's about 2100 miles, so figure 3-4
days drive each way.