Re: National Meet Needs To Be Central For Everyone

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Nov 29 2004 - 12:44:55 EST

Michael Maskalans wrote:

> On Nov 24, 2004, at 10:42, Jason Bleazard wrote:
>
>> Since we already have the BBQ in the
>> northeast, I'm feeling like we should make an effort with the national
>> meet to try to draw in the other end of the country.
>

> - AGREE -
> --

A DML lurker that I know and talk with frequently, from Oregon - has
been following the DML BBQ for a long time but never has been able to
even consider it - due to the distance problems. Thats litterally at
one corner of the country while the BBQ has been held at the other corner.

It has been my feeling from the start of talking about a National
Meet... That the guys in the east have had several years of playtime
among themselves - it would be nice if we could do something closer to
the west side of the neighborhood for a change.

Not to mention - I personally have not been any farther west than
Wisconsin. (taking a trip out there on a plane when you are 6 months old
with your mother doesn't count) - I want to see more of this country!

Attention Infidels: I am your official DBDoMPfIWUMOT!