Re: National Meet Needs To Be Central For Everyone

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Nov 26 2004 - 17:26:59 EST

"Jason Bleazard" <dml@bleazard.net> wrote:

: On Wed, November 24, 2004 6:02 am, B1LLYW@aol.com said:
:>
:> Seems like somewhere in the Kansas/Nebraska area is roughly centralized.

: If anyone can come up with something to do in that area, I'm all for it.
: I'd love to find a location that's convenient for everyone where we can
: all get together and have a great time. However, I've driven through both
: Kansas and Nebraska, and as far as I could tell, it's all just prairies
: and farm lands. Personally, given a choice between driving 1500 miles to
: get to the prairies, or driving 1800 miles to get to the Rocky Mountains,
: I'll take the Rockies.

    Yep, I'd definitely agree with that. It would be really nice,
IMHO, if we could get some spectacular landscape to go along with the
meet. :-) I mean, folks can get together in a Wal-Mart parking lot
anywhere in the country. I can't speak for anyone else, but I find
flat ground really boring. :-) I will certainly defer to the
collective judgement of the group here, but IMHO, a nice mountainous
location would make the meet even more special.

[...]
: At any rate, that's just my personal opinion, feel free to disagree or
: come up with a better idea. Since we already have the BBQ in the
: northeast, I'm feeling like we should make an effort with the national
: meet to try to draw in the other end of the country.

   Yep, that's a good point. What with the BBQ, Carlisle, Toronto,
Foxwoods, Mopar Nats, etc. the northeasterners have certainly had
ample opportunities to get together. Seems like every year we hear
folks expressing regret over the distance to the BBQ - here's your
chance to get in on the action! :-)

: Which reminds me... WE NEED MORE INTEREST FROM CALIFORNIA, TEXAS, AND THE
: REST OF THE COUNTRY!!! So far on my map, I only have two people who
: aren't in the northeast or Great Lakes region. I know you're out there,
: speak up! I'm speaking out in favor of trying to come up with a meet that
: you can make it to, so I want you people to do your part and plan on being
: there!

   Heh! I was just thinking along those lines. :-) We're making a big
effort to try to get it somewhere that the folks in the west can attend
also, but I haven't heard from anybody out there yet who is interested? :-)
(I may hve missed it?) I suppose if we easterners are the only ones
crazy enough to want to do a meet like this, we could move it to the
Appalacian range. ;-) Maybe with the Thanksgiving holiday everyone is
away from the computer, so I guess we should give the left coasters a
chance to come out of their food comas and chime in first. :-)

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'