Re: Finally cought up with the DML

From: Gary Hedlin (garyhedlin@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 02:15:54 EST

Hehe... Looks like im in the same boat... Trying to catch up with all the
posts after a spontaneous road trip to. God it felt good, especially
driving a vehicle I didn't have to worry about weather it would make it or
not!

Annyway, Denver is a very nice place to have a meet.... Scoped it out on the
trip. Plenty of parks, campgrounds, and hotels for the less adventurous!
Ideally this would be my 1st pick of locations.... But I still think we need
to get a list of who can go, then find a central location.

One place I would STRONGLY oppose is Iowa. Besides the fact that after 3
hours of driving through it I wanted to yank the wheel into a telephone pole
to end the monotony, but the gas sucks and the state troopers are more than
happy to meet you (especially when you've just got temporary plates).

Wherever we do this, we need to plan some events that everyone can
participate in and enjoy. Death Ball may sound fun, but im sure some people
here wouldn't fare well in the game. I would say if we did like a weekend,
Saturday should be a meet & greet thing, maybe a picnic, then Sunday do
something like an amusement park, concert, something everyone can enjoy.

One idea... GROUP PHOTO! I don't know if anyone has a panoramic camera, but
I am thinking about a nice pic of 20-30 daks in a row! Might take some
effort to pull off, but I think it would be a nice souvenir for everyone to
take home.

Other than that, has anyone thought of exactly when this whole thing would
happen?? Might help in the planning of activities & whatnot.

--

Gary Hedlin www.garyhedlin.com 2005 Dakota SLT CC 4.7 5spd 1998 Dakota Sport RC 3.9