Re: Finally cought up with the DML

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 14:59:28 EST

On Wed, December 1, 2004 2:15 am, Gary Hedlin said:

> But I still think we need
> to get a list of who can go, then find a central location.

Yeah, unfortunately it's kind of a catch-22 situation. Many people can't
tell you if they can make it until they know where it's going to be.
We'll allow all potentially interested parties to vote and see what
happens.

Which means it's time to plug this again: if you think you have any
interest AT ALL in even considering the possibility of attending a
national DML meet, check out the event profile and let us know. You don't
need to commit right now, we just need to know how many people are even
thinking about it.

> Other than that, has anyone thought of exactly when this whole thing would
> happen?? Might help in the planning of activities & whatnot.

We'll have to figure out the location first. If it ends up being
someplace in the desert (not looking likely at this point, but you never
know), we'd probably want to have it in April or May before it gets
insufferably hot. If we're up in the high mountains, we'll want to wait
until August so we don't freeze. Plus, there might be some other event(s)
we want to coordinate with. For example, there's been talk about not
wanting to conflict with certain national races at some of the drag
strips. Things like that we'd want to keep in mind when picking a date,
depending on what's happening at our chosen location.

At any rate, the target is some time in the spring or summer of 2006.
Once we know where it's going to be, we can figure out exactly when.