Re: Finally cought up with the DML

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 13:03:49 EST

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 09:46:28 -0600, J Wynia <jwynia@pragmapool.com> wrote:
> I do this all of the time. Just set the camera on a tripod and shoot
> each shot with, say 1/3 overlap, working from left to right. Photoshop
> Elements will stitch them together with little effort.

Or, you could use a camera that has a "panorama" mode which shows you
the edge of the previsou picture so you can minimize overlap (Canons
do this).

> The other thing that people often miss in doing this is to set the
> camera's settings to manual and set them once for the whole long shot.
> Otherwise, the frames with white trucks and those with black trucks will
> end up with different exposures and not match.

This is the biggest one people miss. And the Canon panorama mode
fixes white balance, exposure, aperture, etc. at whatever the first
shot used for all the shots in the panorama.