Re: Engine Bay Paint

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 08:21:23 EST

I wouldn't use POR15 over exisitng paint it will not stick and will peel within
months. POR15 is intended to be used on rusted metal.

FWIW, it comes in gloss black, satin black, gloss white, gloss silver and gloss
grey. Also, the gloss colors will dull up and get chaulky quite quickly when it
is exposed to sunlight, that's why they tell you to top coat it with something
else that is UV resistant. However, when used over rusted metal the stuff
works great.

If you decide to go the rattle can route I would recomend that you use a satin
black color. Such a large area will not look right if you try to use the OEM
colors. Personally I would rent/borrow some spray equipment and paint it with
the base/clear to match the outside of the truck.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4