Engine Bay Paint

From: James Calder (jCalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 16:14:28 EST

While I have my engine out (building a 408) I need to paint the engine bay,
it's still original white while the rest of the truck is blue.
I could buy the spray cans of OEM paint and do it myself, take it to a body
shop, or (and here's where I'm looking for opinions) brush on POR 15, which
brings up a few questions:
What color is it exactly, dark dark grey?
I heard brush marks flatten out to give a sprayed on look, true?
Opinions on how a dark color engine bay would look with different color body
paint? I wouldn't have to worry about painting it again if I changed body
color... Touch ups would be a breeze...

Any other tips, hints, suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
James