Re: DML 10th Anniversary National Meet

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 18:09:54 EST

"Jason Bleazard" <dml@bleazard.net> wrote:

: On Mon, November 29, 2004 2:52 pm, jon@dakota-truck.net said:
:>
:> I don't know what you're talking about... I AM CAPTAIN SEATBELT!!!
:> Oh hey, can I start the bonfire? ;-)

: I think we're going to need bigger fireworks :-).

:> I'm going to have to go out and see if I can locate a couple in
:> my area. Ummm, if I ever have any spare time! I like Walt's idea
:> of starting a DML Geocache. :-)

: Maybe a travel bug? Use a small die-cast Dakota or something. Apparently
: Jeep has a bunch of die-cast Jeeps roving around the country from one
: geocache to another. Somehow you can enter a contest to win a real Jeep,
: but I didn't get the details. I'm not sure if you have to find one of
: their bugs, or just give them your contact info so they can spam you.

   That would be cool; would be neat to have something that would wander,
rather than sit in one place. :-)

   As far as the Jeep thing goes, looks like you just enter your name
to win, doesn't look like actually finding them has anything to do
with winning. :-P

   Does anyone make a die cast Dakota? I guess a Dodge or Dakota
key ring could be used also (anything that can be attached to a travel
bug.) Would be cool to locate a cache while we are out there and drop
our travel bug into it so that it starts out at the 10th anniversary
meet. :-)

:> Unfortunately, unless we end up in Utah, I'll have to leave
:> my .45 at home, so that isn't an option.

: Actually, you can bring the .45, you just can't *conceal* it.

   Kind of a catch-22 then. :-) Or would that be a catch-45? ;-)

: Obviously
: you'd have to put it in the checked luggage on the flight, I'm not sure
: how much of a pain that would be.

   I have heard it can be a pain. :-) The laws are clear, and
not necessarily painful, but the airlines all seem to have their
own rules and general misunderstandings, etc.

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'