Re: DML 10th Anniversary National Meet

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 18:20:11 EST

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

>"Norah Bleazard" <dml@bleazard.net> wrote:
>[...]
>: You gave me an idea Bob. Seeing as not everyone has a GPS, maybe we could
>: organize teams. Groups of however many. Even make it a bit of a
>: competition. First team to find the specific Geocache wins.
>

> That's an interesting thought. Here's another one, based on Norah's
>thought which was based on Bob's thought. :-) Perhaps something like this:
>
> - 2 teams ...<big snip>... but it
>does make the game more involved and introduces more randomness and
>chance.
>
> Anyhoo, that oozed out of my brain on the spot, so no doubt there are
>other details that would need to be hammered out, but what do you
>think? Perhaps we could beta test it at the '05 BBQ. :-)

>: Just some random thoughts flying around :-)

Or, wherever we have this meet, there is bound to be someone local to
it...possibly they could place some items in geocache fashion, recording
coordinates, prior to everybody arriving, and then nave a big race/
treasurehunt/ or whatever to find as many of the items as possible.
The game could be expanded / complicated by requiring pictures [digital
or polaroid] of the participant's vehicle at the specified locations...