RE: Engine Bay Paint

From: James Calder (jCalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 22:05:34 EST

I'd really like to know where you get your information from...
Here's another email that's contrary to actual facts. As though people just
respond without any true knowledge.
Today, I stopped by a body shop and I saw for myself what brushed on POR-15
looks like. It looks as though it was sprayed on! He did a frame with it.
I also emailed POR-15 and their response was "it's self leveling. Apply 2
thin coats for a extremely smooth finish."
This forum is to be helpful to people and to give advise that points people
in the right direction. If you don't know for sure, it's better not to say
anything at all.

DR CHALLENGER- If you have first hand experience or know of an instance
where brushed on POR-15 looks like crap, than this email is not directed to
you and you can disregard my above statements. If you can provide more
specifics to what it was applied on, how thick the coats were and how the
surface was prepared, it would be most helpful.

Dave Clement- If you have first hand experience or know of an instance
where POR-15 flaked off a properly prepared surface within months, than this
email is not directed to you and you can disregard my above statements. If
you can provide more specifics to what it was applied on, how thick the
coats were and how the surface was prepared, it would be most helpful.

Thanks,
James