Re: OT thunderbird question

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 17:35:59 EST

On Sat, December 4, 2004 4:11 pm, Barry Oliver said:

> How do I set thunderbird to send in plain text only instead of auto
> which always defaults to HTML??

I don't see any HTML in your post. Usually if a message gets through to
the DML, it must have been plain text, as Jon's filter is pretty
intolerant of HTML (ask Don Mallet).

My experience with Thunderbird is that it sends out in plain text unless I
have any kind of formatting (changing font sizes or colors for example) in
the message. Then it'll bring up a dialog box asking me what I want to
do. I know, it looks like HTML when you're composing, but it translates
it to plain text as long as you don't change the format. That had me
confused for a while, but it seems to work okay.