Re: 10th Anniversary National Meet

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 17:19:04 EST

On Dec 4, 2004, at 08:19, Bill Day wrote:

> I've got a November issue hanging here. All of the the vehicles were
> as
> follows, 1 Cherokee, 2 Rams, 10 Jeeps, 1 Amigo, 1 Tracker(Geo), 1
> Bronco I
> and 1 Suzuki Samurai. These are all of the ones talked about in "The
> Rigs
> of Ultimate Adventure" section, page 28.
>
> They talk about Rocport off-road park(http://www.rorp.com/home.html) in
> Atlas, IL(25 miles north of St. Louis) and of The Cliffs Insane
> Terrain(http://www.thecliffsinsaneterrain.com/).
>
> Both parks tout beginner to advanced trails with some mud. RORP is
> certainly bigger on 1600 acres where TCIT is only on about 300 acres..

but it's RORP that they mention as being narrow and tough for their
fullsizes, isn't it? I remember reading that one of the parks they
went to led to their larger rigs really taking some body damage. Since
RORP's page mentions specifically that they're catering to
shorter-wheelbase 4x4s I'm thinking that is they.

Dakotas are right on the edge of that 115" recommendation, and I'm
stretched out a couple inches from stock. I haven't measured but I'm
probably around 126" instead of my stock 120". Whatever it is, I know
my turning circle is probably 4-5' worse than it was before the swap,
so I'd probably have some difficulty on narrow tight trails like they
seem to say they've got.

I'm also not a fan of body damage: it's the first one that hurts the
worst and I don't have that first one just yet =)

--
Mike Maskalans   <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota SLT 318 4x4                    SFA & 35s