Re: Re: Re: Re: OT: John Cougar CD Needed/Wanted

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Dec 08 2004 - 12:20:41 EST

On Dec 7, 2004, at 18:01, Josh Battles wrote:

> That's nuts. I'd assumed that wherever you could get cable TV you
> could get
> broadband. It comes in on the same piece of coax.

no such luck. otherwise my parents wouldn't be stuck on dialup, and
neither would my friend Keith - he's in a more frustrating and easily
fixed situation though: no cable modem service, but DSL stops a block
away. Y hullo thar frendly neh-bor, wireless link much to-day?

Of course he just bitches about it instead =)
At home our cableco (US Cable unless they've changed their name again)
has had us 6 months out for cablemodem service for 3 years now, and 1
year out a year before that. At this point I'll be surprised to see it
ever happen.

--
Mike Maskalans   <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota SLT 318 4x4                    SFA & 35s