Re: Re: Re: RE: Shift Kits

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Mon Dec 13 2004 - 14:32:38 EST

""JAMES KNOX"" <knox.james@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

> Good comments Josh! On a Chrysler recall on my A500 trans I had a Mopar
> Shift kit put in, Performance Race as opposed to moderate recomended for
> pickup trucks. Even with a Sure-Grip Diff it puts the passengers thru
Hell
> with hard shifts that are amplified on slippery surface's, I would never
do
> this again to a street legal Dak.
> Moderate is the better way.
>
> Jim Knox, 91 Dak 318LA

Thanks Jim!

I wasn't really concerned with passenger comfort anyway, the ride is quite
harsh with the low profile tires I'm running in combination with the very
stiff springs and shocks for the drop kit. I just wanted it to shift HARD,
I hadn't taken into consideration the wet/snowy weather. I too have a LSD
diff in my truck, and taking a corner and having it shift was a new
experience as well. In the rain it'll all but put the truck sideways. Both
of these are things that I'd never experienced with the Mustang that I drove
previously, I guess the extra weight over the rear axle really does make
quite a difference.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L