Re: Re: Update on Christine

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Dec 13 2004 - 22:47:16 EST

Jon wrote:
> Hey Tom,
>
> If she's losing oil and at the same time, won't heat well, it may be your
> head gasket... Something to watch for.

Hmmm - I hope thats all that it is - I found coolant in the crankcase
this July when I had the oil pan off. And two plugs (numbers 2 and 4)
were the only ones that showed signs of black build up - associated with
oil burning. It would seem to be logical to think it could be a head
gasket. Given that it is common for two cyls to have common compression
loss between them - if a gasket goes out. And also since the engine, as
far as I can remember, was still running when it went into the lake - it
more than likely, hydrolocked. That in itself can easily blow out a
head gasket. Depending on the results of the compression test that I'm
going to do - I may decide to pull the heads off.

Attention Infidels: I am your official DBDoMPfIWUMOT!