Re: 180 t-stat trips code

From: Zachary Burcham (roadking_dakota@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 14 2004 - 15:11:10 EST

>Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:45:28 +0000
>From: "A. S." <adakota4x4@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: DML: 180 t-stat trips code
>

> I don't *think* the t-stat is sticking open. The guage is reading close
>to what it read over the warmer months (about 1/4). The 195 t-stat put the
>gauge at about 1/2. It seems like the gauge is getting into normal range
>in
>about the same amount of time that it always has. I don't think it would
>do
>that if the t-stat was stuck open.

I agree with the person who said that difference is a lot. I have a 180
T-stat in my 92 3.9L and with a new radiator my needle is about 1/16" above
the minimum normal area, or about a needle's width above the line, with the
195 it was maybe double that, but never more than a 1/4 through the "Normal"
area. I only hit half in hot summer traffic with the AC on. That's just a
big drop to me.

Zach Burcham
92dakotahd