Re: RE: 318 vs 390 power

From: kvmac45@comcast.net
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 09:51:54 EST

> You didn't mention what gear ratio you have but something in the 3.90 - 4.30
> range will also get you moving a lot quicker. A 2400 stall converter would
> also be nice.

Currently running 3.55s, but I already have a set of 4.10s that will be going
in this winter. I have to admit that the truck, as it is running right now with
some mods to it, is quite fun for me. I do get a bigger rush at the higher end,
which I seem to enjoy a little more.

Thanks for the info. I'm still in the planning stages for this project, but I
plan on pulling the engine sometime in the next 6 months. A truck that would
run 12s or 13s would be great fun.