RE: Important tip for winter

From: nichols, christopher (chrisn@emc.com)
Date: Tue Dec 21 2004 - 16:15:26 EST

Speaking of freezing water...

I broke the car trailer and tie down straps out last night to tow a buddy of
mine home who hadn't flushed his summer (25/75) antifreeze mix out and put
in a winter (50/50) mix in yet. Both radiator hoses were frozen, the
overflow was all slush, and the radiator was a cool 17 degrees (and slushing
up too) when I hit it with the laser thermometer.

Wicked fun winching the car onto the trailer when it's four below outside..
:)

So, for those of you who haven't checked that lately, or need to do so, an
antifreeze flush is never a bad idea...

Chris