RE: RE: knocking after oil change

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 21 2004 - 21:07:48 EST

Ah...if it was just after the oil change, that's normal. The engine has not
pressurized the system (or bled any air out) so the lifters and other
reciprocating parts will make a knocking noise until the oil pressure comes
up.

Best oil system cleaner - DIESEL Fuel. (Run about 1qt for 10-15 minutes at
idle and then promptly change your oil - do NOT drive with the diesel fuel
in there.)

- Bernd