Down for the count...

From: TJ Goettner (dakota52318@toad.net)
Date: Sun Dec 26 2004 - 20:08:03 EST

Went up to York, PA to pick up some parts for the wife's atv that had come
in this friday and the truck left me. Buddy of mine had to come get me in
his TA (bad ass car, 11.6@120 on a 100 shot) The lifter that had been
tapping for a short time after startup finally collapsed and started
slamming around in the bore. This was the reason I needed to actually start
the 4x4 to 2WD project starting with finishing the frame. I will be going to
the bank to take out a $10-12,000 loan for the project to include motor,
trans, frame resto, intercooler, suspension work and misc other crap. I will
be putting it on a trailer tommorow to get it home and into the garage to
pull the motor apart. I will also be adding the Acell DFI to get the most
out of the motor and get by emmisions. Im not sure if I will be going with
another 318 to impress with less or go all out with a 408 or 390 with the
other 318 long block that I have. Dan at Fastman is very persistant about
building the 408 but I always like the idea of impressin' with less. I see
no reason why I couldnt get 400-450 to the wheels with a well built 318,
5.2L, look what the Cobra motors put out with 4.6L (granted they are 32V
though). I was hoping it would have held out just a little while longer to
make it to the track with the M1 and 53MM on for a new time, and to make it
to Cruzin OC 2005, but looks like I will be takin' the Jeep.

Check out the link below for pics of it.

TJ
http://forums.atvconnection.com/Photos.cfm?ID=2972
dakota52318@toad.net
1992 Dakota