Re: Re: 4 Banger Milage

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Mon Dec 27 2004 - 10:21:44 EST

""Aaron Wyse"" <awyse@sw.rr.com> wrote in message

> I've gotten a best of 25 mpg from my '95 2.5L Dak, but my '94 is usually
> doing good to get 20mpg, this mornings fill-up showed 14.5mpg. A 4cyl Dak
> is not as economical as it sounds, same motor in my old Turismo would get
> almost 40mpg.
> I think the best bet is a V6 and a light foot.
> Aaron Wyse

I do pretty good with my V6, but I don't have a light foot at all. I
usually get about 17 in stop and go traffic, and anywhere from 22 - 25 on
the highway, depending on speed and wind direction. Last year when I was
driving to the BBQ, I could have filled up every other time that Barry and
Tom did. I think every time they tanked, I only ended up putting in 8 or 9
gallons.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L