Re: Flasher problem

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Dec 28 2004 - 18:20:47 EST

On Dec 28, 2004, at 17:08, Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com wrote:

> I agree, I've seen one bad bulb cause the dash signal indicator to
> come on and
> not to flash. Not enough load for a thermal flasher to function
> properly.
> Mike, increasing the load would make it flash faster (like when a
> trailer is
> connected) Too little load would make it not flash at all. The
> flasher is
> designed that way so you have some indication when a bulb is out.

I've only ever dealt with heavy duty flashers designed with the extra
load of trailering in mind - with less load they flash faster and with
more they behave normally. I've definitely seen it when I toyed with
replacing my signal lights with LEDs and when I've had a burned out
bulb - so I guess (shockingly!) that my experience isn't exhaustive =)

--
Mike Maskalans   <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota SLT 318 4x4                    SFA & 35s