Re: Re: front wheel bearing play in 99 dakota 2WD

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Fri Dec 31 2004 - 15:34:00 EST

Eric Huff wrote:
> I did tighten to 185 ft-lbs (from the FSM). I'm going to
> calibrate the torque wrench and re-torque the nut, but i can't
> believe it's off that far.
>
> I wonder if the mopar part is different than the after-market? They
> might all come from the same place.
>
> Thanks,
> eric

I couldn't tell you if they were different or not, When I went to try
and find an aftermarket one, I was told that I had to get it through
Dodge. I got mine at cost from (the now defunct) Koller Dodge website.
  The dealership was only about 20 minutes from my house, so I'd order
at cost and then go pick it up and save myself on shipping.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L