Re: Re: Re: Question of Legality in USA, Blue and Amber Rotating Beacon Lights Mounted on Roof of Dakota 4X4, Ontario Canada Truck

From: droo (03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 17:55:33 EST

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 11:44:57 -0500, Michael Maskalans <dml@tepidcola.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 17:21:03 -0500, droo <03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>

>> That falls in line with having proper lighting on your car. Not really
>> a police deal.
>> Amber and white in front and amber and red in the rear. That why
>> people have problems
>> with the clear lamps.
>>

> Actually, clear lights are legal for turn signals, at least in new york
> and minnesota - I checked the laws a couple years ago, and both states
> say that front signals must be between amber/yellow and white, and rears
> between amber/yellow and red. I spent an embarassingly long time
> fruitlessly searching for the NYS statues on directional signal color to
> no avail, but this is what Minnesota has to say on the matter:

I think the light colors are set by the feds. Not including emergency
vehicle flashers. That way you can tell which way a vehicle is facing at
night. Most states have a square inch requirment for the taillights. There
where the problems come from with the clear lights even the bulbs are the
correct color.

--
-Droo

http://www.grandroyal.org/dakota