Re: It's a big dent!

From: James (sixpack_dak@rogers.com)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 18:14:07 EST

You're right, that is one big honkin' dent. They had the deck of the
flatbed raised off the ground. That's a trick I used quite a bit doing
theft recoveries (I used to drive a flatbed tow truck) to keep from having
to drag the truck all the way from where it is sitting. You just drag it
until the front wheels are on the deck, tilt the deck up a little and then
suck the flatbed up under the pickup until you're almost to the back of the
truck, put the deck back on the ground and drag the truck the rest of the
way up the deck. Drizzle a little tranny fluid on the deck (if it's an
aluminum deck) and it's just like sliding the wheels across ice. That is
the best way to minimize the possibility of causing damage to a vehicle you
don't have keys for or can't get into neutral. My guess is they had the
deck too high when they were sucking the flatbed under your truck and
tagged the drive shaft. That's pretty much the damage I would expect to see
from that.

I'd go after the towing company for sure for the repairs.

Why did the truck get towed anyhow?