It's a big dent!

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 16:29:18 EST

In my rear driveshaft, that is.

I was just out looking to pull my rear driveshaft to test, and in the
daylight looking at it from the proper side, it was pretty fscking
obvious:
<http://home.tepidcola.com/dented_shaft/>
or in case my DNS change hasn't propagated:
<http://66.67.204.89/dented_shaft/>

Naturally, the towing company says there's no way they could have done
it on the flatbed, but I find it rather odd that the scrapes in the
dent are not at all radial, meaning the shaft was still (ie the truck
in park) when it happened, whatever it is that happened.

I guess I'm glad I did what I did to keep the rear driveshaft stock so
if it ends up cheaper than re-tubing I can just get a junkyard
replacement.

I really want to know what the hell they did to my truck now....
Anybody have a spare club cab driveshaft hanging around?

--
Mike Maskalans   <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota SLT 318 4x4                    SFA & 35s