Re: It's a big dent!

From: James (sixpack_dak@rogers.com)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2005 - 06:11:10 EST

Aaron> Well didn't work for a company that did towaways, so generally I
only used that technique when it was an accident vehicle or a theft
recovery. And in both of those situations there's someone (usually a police
officer) standing there looking at his or her watch going, "Aren't you
loaded yet?" *lol* Under normal circumstances where the customer has
requested a tow and then didn't bother to stay with the vehicle we were not
allowed to unhook shift linkages or anything like that. Too much of a
liability.
As for the towing company having insurance, insurance is great if something
breaks on the truck and you lose a vehicle off the back. (Seen it happen,
it's not pretty) But for small damages the money always came out of our
pockets because there was a $2000 deductible on the insurance policy.