Re: OT: Dodge Charger

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Tue Jan 11 2005 - 07:50:00 EST

Even back in the 68-70 glory days the Charger was not trying to compete with
the Mustang and it certainly isn't now. The Crossfire is much more of a direct
comparison to the Mustang and in it's SRT-6 iteration is more than a match
performance wise.

The Charger's aimed at the Mercury Montego, Ford 500, Impala SS, Grand Prix GTP
market and at least for me the only choice there is the Charger or Grand Prix.
If you want rear wheel drive then the only choice is the Charger.

DC certainly knows how to do retro, just look at the PT Cruiser, Prowler and
Viper. From everything I have read from DC the resurection of that name was to
use the performance heritage which they have done in spades with the hemi
engine availability and the up coming SRT-8 version.

It's to bad that the market is so small for a 2dr rwd v8 car that DC can't make
a business case for creating another one but you certainly can't blame them for
using a name that has marketing appeal on a bread and butter vehicle.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4