92 dak 318 rough idle and hesitates HELP

From: Ryan Arsenault (wibbyo@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2005 - 20:28:49 EST

ok well here is my problem.. i bought this 92 dak... needed lots of work....
trans i have no idea about... seams to be shifting after i got a kickdown
cable on it... but the motor seams to be low on power.... sorta misses a bit
when idleing after it warms up... but if your driving when it shifts into
another gear it struggles to keep it going unless u tramp down on it then it
moves.... very strange... i have a 93 dakota 3.9 same type of motor but i
havent had to mess with it.... but this one is a 318 and i have no idea
where to start.. i checked the plugs... gaped at 35.... new cap and
button... have wires ordered and will try them... checked the distributer
and seams fine.... anyone else have any ideas.... i hooked the egr back
up.... and checked for some leaks... but cant seam to find any.... the guy
who owned it before me was sorta a cowboy :S..... if ya know what i mean...
any ideas at all would help... i am at my end with it :S.... everything else
seams good just cant get the motor to run really good :S... apparently it
has less than 200 thousand KMs on it..... so yea... let me know anyone :D..
Cheers
PEI canada
Ryan Arsenault

MSNŽ Calendar keeps you organized and takes the effort out of scheduling
get-togethers.
  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSNŽ Premium right now and get the
first two months FREE*.