Re: Winter Run at Jon's?

From: Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
Date: Fri Jan 14 2005 - 14:15:40 EST

Cool, I'm in. I just have to swap the stripped out the wiper arm on the
driver’s side of the '88. I needed to use the winch to pull Ingrid's little
Toyota out of the snow bank it landed in at the bottom of the driveway. BTW,
the driveway at the new house totally sucks in the winter. 1000ft of ice on a
nice incline. Woo hoo! I hopped into the '88 and fired it up, first time since
Daktoberfest. Turned on the wipers, passenger's side started clearing away the
snow and ice built up on the windshield. Driver's side was totally encased in
this built-up, frozen, mass of muddy hay that I don't know how it got there.
Anyhow, by the time I realized it was really stuck, there was nothing left of
the little aluminum teeth in the wiper arm where it attaches to the post. Nice
and smooth now. Anyhow, I backed the truck off the side yard onto the
driveway. Did 4 complete 360’s sliding down (Good thing I couldn’t see through
the windshield), stopping just short of the Toyota. Winched her out onto the
flat area near the road and then attempted to drive back up the driveway. Once
I got the front end to lock in, the truck was stuck in 2wd, I made it back up
after 3 attempts with a real good running start. It was FUN ;-)

Walt