Re: RE: Computer question (off topic)

From: Eric Huff (mopar@ehuffy.com)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2005 - 11:55:28 EST

I seem to remember back in those days that it was hard to upgrade
with the CD method. I may have not known what i was doing, but i
never figured out how to download all the upgrades: the microsoft
website insisted on checking to see what i needed, which didn't help
when i was using someone else's computer to download.

If they still have that crappy setup, an option would be to
take the computer to a friend with broadband and a hardware
firewall (ie a router) and do the upgrades that way.

eric

--
1974 Valiant 4-door, 318
1999 Dakota Ext Cab, 2WD