Re: RE: OT but Dodge related fuel pump

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2005 - 08:05:25 EST

At 06:55 AM 1/17/05, you wrote:
>Easiest way is with a fuel pressure gauge.
>Three things will make an engine run: Air, Fuel, Spark. (Air is easy, fuel
>- check pressure, and spark - check it). - Bernd

Thanks. Will be checking with fuel pressure gauge this morning.

Will also be checking the timing "belt" to see if it broke. Back before
Christmas, I noticed that it seemed to be noisy up front on startup.
Thought, at first, it might be the bearings in the alternator.

I've read where, if I crank it over, peer down the oil filler hole in the
valve cover and don't see the overhead cam rotating that there's a good
chance that the belt probably broke (?).

Bob