Re: No 4 wheel drive

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Mon Jan 24 2005 - 09:31:06 EST

Tom, FWIW, when I had my 89 the vacuum switch on the transfer case that would
activate the CAD vacuum diaphragm would stick the first time I used 4x4 in the
cold weather and for the most part would stay activated all winter (replaced
the switch 3 times in 256,000 miles before giving up) which would mean the
light on the floor was on all the time regardless of the transfer case lever
position.

Anyway, if there is no leaks in the CAD diaghragm why not just route a vacuum
line direct from the manifold to the diaghragm on the activate side. It will
then always be connected. Or, you could mechanically force the disconnect
sleeve into the connect mode either by fabing up something that replaces the
diaphrgam or by something crude like jamming a screw into the the housing and
forcing it into the connect position. Either case would would effectively have
a solid axle. Forget, these suggestions if there is an internal problem with
the sliding collor or axle stubs.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4