Re: Jiffy Lube - Stupidity at its finest...

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2005 - 20:02:24 EST

On Jan 26, 2005, at 19:01, Bernd D. Ratsch wrote:

> Last oil change sticker was from a Jiffy Lube (very recent at that).
> Here's
> the kicker..."Factory Installed" stamped on the MOPAR oil filter with
> plier
> marks all over it (and a small hole due to the plier marks). Guess
> what
> happened...they couldn't get the oil filter off so they just drained
> the oil
> and refilled (leaving the factory installed filter on the vehicle).

Oh, wow.

Now I remember why I do my own work, even when I end up cursing and
swearing and wondering if it's worth the extra time and extra extra
effort....

You've got to really be scraping the bottom of the intelligence barrel
to think that you could ever get away with that. Dregs of humanity
down in that particular oil change pit....

--
Mike "I need motor mounts" Maskalans
'98 Dakota SLT 318 4x4                    SFA & 35s