RE: Jiffy Lube - Stupidity at its finest...

From: Ronald Taylor (scsilverdakdml@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2005 - 16:41:38 EST

After reading some of the other stories here on Stupidity at it's finest, I
have a really good one...

Well maybe.......

About 12 years ago I worked at a local Sears Auto Center as a Tire salesman,
  we had a guy come in with a 2 year old (at the time) Cadillac Coupe
Deville for 2 new tires and a thrust angle alignment.

The Tech in charge of performing the work forgot to let the alignment Rack
down before attempting to back the Caddy OFF the rack. Luckily it wasn't my
sale at the time and I wasn't directly involved with that one. that Caddy
was seriously Damaged on that act of forgetfulness.

The shop also had a history of cars lost off the rack while being serviced,
the fall of a 2 ton car or truck to the ground from 6-7 feet on it's side
will really scare the Hell out of you if your anywhere close to

Ouch my hearing!..........what you say?........set the rack under the frame,
NOT the suspension?

Ron
01' Dakota Sport RC 3.9...
http://www.dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/mygallery.asp?id=8143