Re: window = smashed

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 16:25:19 EST

On Feb 1, 2005, at 07:34, Josh Battles wrote:

> Sure enough, the passenger window was smashed and they had ripped the
> radio right out of my dash. They also took my radar detector off of
> the windshield. Fucking assholes.

Yup, that's about the nicest thing you can say about them.... I'm
surprised they managed not to damage your dash without being able to
move the shifter out of the way, so I'd call that another point of good
luck. Also nice that they left your backpack, I'm sure it would be
doubly annoying to loose whatever papers and textbooks are in there.
Makes it seem like a case of "stupid thief" to me (is there any other
kind? no... just some more thorough than others I guess), depending on
the textbooks you could fence them for way more than a radio, and with
fewer questions I'd assume. I'm glad they left the good stuff in back
too. would suck doubly to have lost the amps and sub too.

Also, a bit of good news for you: you'll find broken glass in your
truck until you sell it. I still do and I was broken into like 4 years
ago now....
reminder of the story:
    they broke the center of the rear slider
    in from under the topper, and either
    reached through and broke the driver's
    side quarter window out or pried on it
    open and shattered it (the hinge was out
    from the truck). then they reached in
    and opened my door, set off the alarm,
    and stole nothing. even stupid-er
    thieves, but I'm okay with that...
I still find glass at the base of the windshield seal, on top of the
screws that secure the front of the dash, in the defroster vents, under
the seats, in the map pockets, under the rear seat tray, under the
front edge of the carpet, and any time I take something apart for the
first time..... it gets *everywhere*

--
Mike Maskalans   <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota SLT 318 4x4                    SFA & 35s