Re: window = smashed

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 16:42:47 EST

"Josh Battles" <josh@omg-stfu.com> wrote:
[...]
: I've already called the window tinting place and made an appointment to get
: my windows tinted pretty dark so that there won't be anything in view to
: tempt a would-be theif next time. I've got to wait 3 weeks until they can
: get me in, but they're the best in the area and warranty their work forever
: against anything but scratching.

  Sorry to hear about your truck - that really sucks. :-( One thing
about the window tint - will you get any hassle from the police? Here
in NY, the minimum required light transmittance requirement is obseenly
high. I've gotten a couple of tickets for the tint on the black Dak, and
its not really even that dark; I try to watch for "the man" and drop the
windows before driving by, but had a mental block once and got caught
unawares the second. My Ram's window tint is just as dark, so I have
to keep alert in that truck too. I've been keeping my eyes open for a
spare driver's and passenger's side window for both trucks - when
they give you a tint ticket, they seem to usually offer the opportunity
to take the tint off within 48 hours to dismiss the ticket, so I figure
if I have a spare set of glass, I can just swap windows, let them verify
that the tint has been "removed", then swap 'em back. ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'