Re: window = smashed

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 17:21:30 EST

<jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote in message

> Sorry to hear about your truck - that really sucks. :-( One thing
> about the window tint - will you get any hassle from the police? Here
> in NY, the minimum required light transmittance requirement is obseenly
> high. I've gotten a couple of tickets for the tint on the black Dak, and
> its not really even that dark; I try to watch for "the man" and drop the
> windows before driving by, but had a mental block once and got caught
> unawares the second. My Ram's window tint is just as dark, so I have
> to keep alert in that truck too. I've been keeping my eyes open for a
> spare driver's and passenger's side window for both trucks - when
> they give you a tint ticket, they seem to usually offer the opportunity
> to take the tint off within 48 hours to dismiss the ticket, so I figure
> if I have a spare set of glass, I can just swap windows, let them verify
> that the tint has been "removed", then swap 'em back. ;-)
>
> --
> -Jon-

They're pretty lenient here for the most part. They won't pull you over for
just tint, you have to be doing something stupid to warrant the stop first.
We don't allow any tint on the front windows persay, but I've never been
hassled with any previous vehicles. This is the first one to not have
tinted windows. Plus, unless you're a ricer they're not looking for you.
People in trucks tend to get away with a TON more in my area for some
unknown reason.

Good idea on the swapping windows, but that'd be too much work for me.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L