Re: window = smashed

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2005 - 15:53:21 EST

Andy Levy wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 10:49:48 -0600, Barry Oliver
> <barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com> wrote:
>
>>Josh Battles wrote:
>>

>>>I've already called the window tinting place and made an appointment to get
>>>my windows tinted pretty dark so that there won't be anything in view to
>>>tempt a would-be theif next time. I've got to wait 3 weeks until they can
>>>get me in, but they're the best in the area and warranty their work forever
>>>against anything but scratching.
>>>

>>Down here the cops are kindof rude about window tint, seeing as it's
>>technically illegal in Illinois. I always wonder about all of the cars
>>that I see that are tinted and not harassed. I personally have had to
>>sit by the side of the road razorblading my tint off before the cop
>>would let me leave - and he *still* gave me the ticket. I hate theives,
>>but I have little warmpth in my heart for the other side either..
>

> If you had a burned-out light bulb, would he have made you walk to
> AutoZone to get a replacement rather than write a fix-it ticket?

The bastage pulled me over for tint, wrote me a ticket, let me drive a
block, Pulled me over AGAIN, Wrote me a second ticket, and lectured me
on how the "unsafe operation of a vehicle with obstructed windows was a
serious safety hazard" He gave me a choice - razorblade it off or get
towed. Since it was a home-tint job I chose the razorblade route..
That was the only thing I got pulled over for, and the only tickets
issued. I got the feeling he was fishing for a DUI, but since I don't
drink...