RE: NOW: Tinting legalities WAS: window = smashed

From: Ray Irons (rirons@doverde.net)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 13:58:00 EST

I can only speak for my state, and having spoken with several officers, the
darkly tinted windows are enough to warrant a traffic stop. Because the law
is on the books, that's enough to give them probable cause for a stop. If
they become suspicious of the operator or any passengers during the stop,
they can ask for permission to search the vehicle. If they receive
permission, anything they find at that point is a bonus. If they don't
receive permission, they must have sufficient probable cause to get a judge
to sign a search warrant before searching the vehicle. That's the way I
understand it anyhow.

Ray Irons
Dover, DE