Re: How to use 4x4

From: Jon (jonram2004@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 19:54:27 EST

Manual trans?

I haven't had very many automatics, period, but I know that neither my '96
Dakota nor our old plow truck wouldn't let the transfer case go into 4-low
unless the tranny was in neutral. So with an automatic, I'd think there'd
have to be some conscious thought involved in getting the TC into low.
With a manual, of course, it's as easy as pushing the clutch in and grabbing
the lever.