Re: Aftermarket Fog lights, Gen3

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 19:47:54 EST

My 99 didn't have them either. I used a 4" hole saw to cut out the holes in the
fascia. I picked up a set of 3.5" round driving lights at Wal-Mart (can't
recall the brand). They had a black die cast housing and one of those blue
tinted "ultra white" halogen bulbs.

I screwed the brackets onto the bumper support behind the fascia and used the
garage door to adjust them. Been there for over a year now and haven't moved.
Unless you had a Dakota with the factory lights parked next to mine you
wouldn't know the difference.

Since I wanted driving lights (have no use for fog lights) to help on the dark
country roads in my area I wire them to a relay and used the hi-beam ground to
ground the coil in the relay so the lights come on with the hi-beams. Didn't
even bother to put a switch in the circuit.

Dave Clement

In article <cu894m$ho9$1@bent.twistedbits.net>, msnbcnnbcbs@bellsouth.net
writes:

> Howdy folks,
>
> My 99 3.9 Gen3 didnt come with factory fog lights, I had a set of Pilot
lights
> installed a while back (about 2 years ago) they are blue lenses and claim to
be
> "white". they come with a rather flimsy black metal bracket thats rather
small.

> Now, one side of the harness is bad, and the other light has some wacky aim.
> They were never mounted to the bumper, but to the fascias :( they shake on
> bumps and generally provide non-anti-foginess.
>
> Can anyone reccomend a good set to replace these bad ones, preferrably
> something that mounts to the bumper (or something metal, something with a
SOLID