Re: Jason Bleazard Comments

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2005 - 12:50:58 EST

Aw, gee, shucks. Thanks to everyone who said all those nice things about
me. <sniff> You guys are the greatest! Drinks for all my friends!

OK, seriously... :-)

I'm guessing that Kyle is the guy in Dean's story. The guy who loaned his
Dakota to his girlfriend, and had the engine destroyed. If that's true, I
can understand why he might be a bit pissed about us making jokes about
the incident and insulting his girlfriend's intelligence.

Even if he isn't the same person, speaking for myself I have to admit that
some of the things I've posted about this woman I've never met could
easily be interpreted as being quite harshly judgmental. I didn't mean
them seriously or to be hurtful, I was just joking around. But, I do know
how easy it is to mis-interpret jokes posted in e-mail.

To be perfectly honest, I wasn't really buying Dean's story from the
minute I read it. I'm still not completely buying it. Not that I think
he's making stuff up or anything, and I do appreciate the cautionary tale.
 I just get the impression that it's one of these "friend of a friend of a
friend" stories that gets bigger and better every time someone tells it,
until eventually it becomes an urban legend. I think there were a certain
amount of exaggerated and omitted details somewhere along the line. But
if you say it happened that way, then I guess it did. I wasn't there, so
I don't actually know what happened or how.

When I read this story, I didn't want to come right out and post "dude, I
think your story is full of crap." I know Dean is a member of SCORE, and
I'm trying to make those guys feel welcome and hopefully get the Jeep
crowd and DML crowd to talk to each other more at the BBQ. Unfortunately,
what I came up with instead was "only a total idiot would have done
exactly what you're describing." In retrospect, that wasn't really any
more tactful. I do apologize for any offense I might have inadvertently
caused.

Oh, and Kyle... a friendly word of advice. If you have something you'd
like to say to me, be a man and say it directly to me. Trying to get back
at someone who has pissed you off by personally attacking members of his
family is *not* likely to ever yield positive results. That kind of
behavior is best left back on the elementary school playground where it
came from.

And that's all I have to say about that.