RE: RE: Comments

From: Norah Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2005 - 13:55:31 EST

I can see how you've taken this personally. I can honestly say that if the
roles had been reversed and it was me that decided to take someone else's
vehicle and ruin it by using 4HI or 4LO incorrectly without any kind of
training or advice on how to use 4 wheel drive, I would have stood up and
publicly called myself a mental gerbil and not even waited for someone else
to do it for me AND paid for all the repairs.

In fact, I would have gone so far as to put "Mental Gerbil" on a post-it
note and worn it on my forehead all day, if not longer. If someone doesn't
know how to use 4 wheel drive, why be that arrogant and prideful as to use
it without some kind of training or explanation? Especially if it's someone
else's vehicle. That wasn't only aggressively stupid, but inconsiderate of
someone else's property. And the more I thought about it, the stranger the
story seemed to be.

As for a "NO" vote from you regarding the BBQ really won't change the
outcome. The BBQ goes on with out without your attendance or vote as it has
every year. You may choose to attend or not, it's completely up to you. If
you do show up, be prepared for a hug from a "fat chick" LOL... I don't hold
grudges :-) But your vote doesn't prevent others from gathering, enjoying
each other's company, and having a good time. I'm sorry that you feel hurt
and defensive. It wasn't a directed upon you, yet you seem to be taking it
that way. The actions of the story merit the label of aggressively stupid
or mental gerbil no matter who would have done something like that and
regardless of sex, age, or race.

If it IS true, you can't say that it was a smart thing to do. It would have
been labeled reckless, rude and inconsiderate... kind've boils down to
stupid don't ya think? Jason's comments never meant to hurt someone
specifically. As most that know us, also know that we don't go around
purposely hurting people. We just happen to be the type of people that have
a low tolerance for stupid actions and also have pretty bizarre senses of
humor when it comes to choice of wording. I would have said the same thing
about someone using a gun without any kind of instruction. It's just not a
smart thing to do. After all, didn't we all have to learn how to drive
before we got our little cards that gave us the legal right to do so?

I wonder if it's the fact that I'm NOT upset that has got you all riled up?
In fact, I found it quite amusing now.

Norah Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Burlington, Ontario
hers: '01 Dakota Sport 4x4, 4.7 V8, Auto, Quad Cab, black (Black Diamond)
prev: '98 Dakota Sport 4x4, 5.2 V8, Auto, Club Cab, black (Black Widow)
prev: '95 Dakota Sport 4x2, 3.9 V6, Auto, Club Cab, black (Black Ice)
prev: '93 Dakota Sport 4x2, 3.9 V6, Auto, Club Cab, electric blue
(Enterprise)
his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white (White Knight)

MSN = black_dak_98@hotmail.com
Yahoo = drazaelbn
AIM = black98dak
ICQ = 105346330