RE: DML Paintball (was: 2006 National DML Meet - VOTING IS OPEN!)

From: Wayne Allewelt (wallewelt@mai-aec.com)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 13:08:39 EST

: I wonder if you could improve accuracy with more pressure and a longer
: barrel while keeping a sane muzzle velocity? hmmm...
: ASIDE: most barrels are rifled, but you're looking at a 68cal. sphere
: with a seam in at at only about 1800'/sec (all IIRC, I don't play
: often), so you get lots of wander beyond 25yds, and loose power very
: quickly.

You can turn any marker into a sniper marker.

Once the barrel length starts to get over 20" you start to lose accuracy.
I have a 16" smart parts barrel on mine and it is pretty damn accurate. Most
of the barrels sold out there are port rifled not internally rifle like a
real gun. One company that I know of makes an internally rifled barrel but I
heard that its accuracy goes to hell once you have a paintball break in it,
but I been told that it is far more accurate than just a barrel with the
ports, as long as you don't break any balls. Actually any of the barrels out
there accuracy goes to hell once a paintball breaks inside them.

The velocity limit out of the barrel is 180'/sec as that is what most
paintball fields limit the velocity to.